MTF Updates – DOLE Department Order No. 213
Dear Valued Clients and Friends,
We are sending to you a copy of Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Department Order No. 213, which prescribes for the guidelines in the prescription of actions and suspension of reglementary periods to file pleadings, motions, and documents before the DOLE Regional Offices, Bureaus, and Office of the Secretary.
The guidelines is summarized as follows:
- The prescriptive periods for the commencement of actions, claims, petitions, complaints, and other proceedings before the Regional Offices, Bureaus, Office of Secretary of DOLE, shall be interrupted reckoned from March 16, 2020 and shall begin to run when the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) and General Community Quarantine (GCQ) is lifted.
- Application for renewal of Alien Employment Permits (AEPs) and/or Private Employment Agency (PEAs) may be filed within 45 days from lifting of ECQ/GCQ.
- Filing of pleadings, motions, and all other papers relative to Petitions for Certification Election, Inter and Intra-Union Cases, Cases relative to AEPs, Labor Standards Cases with Finality and Child Labor Cases is suspended for the duration of community quarantine. The suspension likewise applies to rendition of judgments, orders and resolution, conferences and other proceedings, and payment of monetary awards.
- All inspections are suspended for the duration of community quarantine; routine inspections shall continue to be suspended even after lifting the community quarantine.
- The period to comply in labor standard cases and mandatory conferences are suspended during the community quarantines. Reglementary period for Compliance Orders is interrupted for the duration of community quarantine, and the period shall commence to run once the community quarantine is lifted.
- The following shall likewise be suspended:a.Service of writ of executionb.Submission of documents for new or renewal of application for Permit to Operate Mechanical Equipment
c.Filing of request for assistance under Single-Entry Approach (SEnA)
- For proceedings under Office of Secretary, conduct of hearings and conferences shall be suspended. Further, the period to file Appeals, Petitions for Review, and Motion for Reconsideration before the Office of Secretary shall be suspended, but shall commence to run 15 days from lifting of ECQ.
Should you have questions on the above article, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mata-Perez, Tamayo & Francisco
May 8, 2020